Click column header to sort
The Town of Vail is now hiring a Systems & Evidence Technician to join the Police and IT department. With an already great team on board we are looking to bring on new talent with a background in technology, system administration and a desire to work with the Vail Police department. The primary responsibility of this Systems Engineer is to maintain and administer systems related to electronic evidence, evidence management and related police systems. Additional responsibilities include aiding the Town of Vail IT Department in hardware and software support. Work is performed in accordance to federal and state laws plus established policies/procedures with considerable need for independent judgment and a high degree of accuracy.
Examples of job duties include:
- Serve as the primary contact for digital media production of records requests.
- Under general direction this position will receive, record, account for, store, safeguard, collect, load, transport, verify, release and disburse evidence, and found or abandoned property.
- These responsibilities include maintaining the evidentiary chain of custody and integrity of evidence and property.
- Coordinates and performs upgrades, and troubleshooting of related hardware/software; addresses security threats.
- Provides specialized technical and training advice to end-users;
- Transfer digital media to outside requests with the approval of the Detective Sergeant.
- Transfer digital media to the District Attorney’s Office as required for discovery or case investigation.
- Works with business partners, suppliers, and other teams to ensure successful execution of electronic records and information management initiatives.
- Maintains current knowledge and expertise of industry standards and trends in technology designed to facilitate electronic information management.
- Assists end-users to define work flows and integrate business processes and technology into effective and compliant business solutions, specifically in the area of electronic document or content management.
- Assist with system administration of town-wide video systems including but not limited to police vehicle video, body worn cameras and other privately owned video systems.
- Research, develop and test systems and software for use within the Vail Police Department.
- Troubleshoot and monitor Town of Vail security camera systems.
- Coordinate communications with IT Department as it relates to assigned systems; attend weekly IT meetings.
- Replication of digital evidence for criminal prosecution or courtroom testimony.
- Collaborate with Detective Sergeant to assure process and procedure chain of custody.
- Provide Laserfiche support to all departments and is a key participant in the user group.§ Provide support for town wide software and hardware
The full job description can be found here.
Part-time Seasonal Position
The Town of Vail, Colorado, the premier mountain community and international resort, is seeking guest service gurus,ninjas and champions, to join our Winter Parking team. Sound like you? Parking Booth Attendants are responsible for collecting parking fees and maintaining records for parking structure operations.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for collecting parking fees from customers with accuracy and a smile.
- Prepare complete and accurate records and reports.
- Assist customers in a courteous manner, and answering general questions with a fun positive attitude.
- Perform various traffic control responsibilities.
- Responds to citizen and guest questions, concerns and complaints in a timely, courteous and helpful manner to exceed expectations.
- Monitors all radio traffic; communicating with appropriate coworkers and management when necessary.
- Audit cars in parking lot and monitors parking facilities for space availability and safety concerns.
- Operate all equipment concerning parking operations.
- Change signage at parking locations and communicate as needed to guests.
- Coordinate efforts with Vail PD and Transit departments to ensure an efficient parking system.
- We try and keep you active! Shovel snow/ice from islands and spreads cinders as necessary.
- Uphold the Town of Vail values.
- Drive Town of Vail vehicles.
- All other duties as assigned.
This position is exposed to car emissions, dust, fumes and adverse weather conditions.
Shifts / Schedules
Winter seasonal: November - April (Friday and Saturday 10pm-8am)
Schedule may include day shifts, overnight shifts and holidays.
The Town of Vail is a Certified Great Place to Work. We encourage you to learn more about joining our team...
Town of Vail is now hiring a Facility Maintenance Specialist. They will function as a member the team and install, repair, and maintain all TOV building components. Including fountains and systems such as heating, cooling, plumbing, snowmelt, fire and security.
Facility Maintenance duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the execution of scheduled and preventative mechanical maintenance on Town of Vail facilities.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Installs, repairs and maintains systems such as heating, cooling, plumbing, snowmelt, fire and security.
- Repairs and maintains all building components & TOV fountains.
- Performs electrical repair, installation, and maintenance such as wiring, replacing fixtures, lamps, and switches.
- Performs plumbing repairs, including installation, and maintenance of fixtures such as sinks, commodes, water heaters; as well as mending broken pipes, and opening clogged drains.
- Constructs, repairs, and installs counters, cabinets, benches, floors, doors, building framework, and trim.
- Ensures mechanical tools operate properly.
- Is responsible for complying with all Town of Vail safety and health policies, practices, and procedures that prevent and mitigate human economic losses arising from accidental causes and adverse occupational and environmental health exposures.
- Performs other duties as directed.
Apply today! Position will remain open until filled.
The Town of Vail is hiring an Auto body Repair Person, Journey Level, to join our Fleet Maintenance Team. In this position you will be responsoble for appraising, repairing and refinish body and/or frame damage to TOV fleet vehicles and equipment and to maintain the appearance of vehicles and equipment.
Appraisal: Write estimates for vehicle damage and submits estimate to Risk management and insurance company for reimbursement.
Frame Repair: Minor frame repair, use measuring systems and frame equipment such as centerline gauges, power post, anchoring systems to repair minor structural damage to a vehicle frame or Uni-body structure. Repair body damage to buses and other fleet equipment.
Nonstructural repair: Preforms body repair such as replacing panels, repairing dents, replacement and/or removal of parts related to a collision repair, requires some welding, and performs all duties related to collision repair and prepping for refinish.
Refinish: Prep and paint vehicles and equipment. Knowledge and ability to utilize HVLP (high volume low pressure) paint guns. Mix color tints, and match existing colors. Apply paint and blend to match existing color.
General Duties: Maintain the body repair bay and spray booth. Install of decals on all Town vehicles. Complete work orders daily, perform parts inventory duties as necessary, attend and participate in Fleet staff meetings.
Must be capable of utilizing a respirator, which requires a medical facility to approve an employee to utilize a respirator, which may require a pulmonary function test. Responsible for complying with all Town of Vail safety and health policies, practices, and procedures that prevent and mitigate human economic losses arising from accidental causes and adverse occupational and environmental health exposures.
HOUSING MAY BE AVAILABLE -- SPACE IS LIMITED
Live and work in Vail this winter! The Town of Vail Colorado is seeking enthusiastic & reliable people who are interested in working as a bus driver for the winter 2018-2019 ski season. As a bus driver you will be responsible for safely operating a public transportation bus for picks up, transports, and drop off passengers on a prescribed route, on time and in accordance with local, state and federal standards. Drivers must also practice safe defensive driving techniques, be knowledgeable and provide guests with schedule/route information, assist disabled guest on and off the bus and complete reports of all accidents, damage, or incidents of vandalism. Drivers may be assigned to bus wash as needed. The working week is 40 hours made up of 4 & 5 days with new hires mostly working weekends & nights. The bus service runs from 5:30am to 2:30am daily.
Click here for housing information: EMPLOYEE SEASONAL HOUSING
*This position is not a Town of Vail position - Employment will be with the Eagle Valley Child Care Association*
The Eagle Valley Child Care Association is currently hiring for Early Childhood Educators and Assistant Early Childhood Teachers.
Operating 2 early childhood centers in Eagle County (Edwards, & Vail) the organization aims to provide high quality early learning programs to the children of Eagle County by:
- Providing a developmentally appropriate, discovery based learning environment that meets the needs of every child’s healthy cognitive, language, motor, social and emotional development.
- Providing supportive parenting guidance to every family enrolled in our programs.
- Providing the business community with a way to assure quality care for their employees through our Business Partner program.
Eagle Valley Child Care Association is seeking applicants to join our team of early childhood professionals at the Vail Child Care Center to work with children ages 8 weeks-6 years. Early childhood education and experience preferred. Training is available for the assistant position.
Full or Part Time, benefits available.
Apply Now! Please send resume to email@example.com or 970-476-1615.
The Vail Police Department is accepting applications for Lateral Police Officer openings. Qualified applicants must be experienced police officers or police academy graduates passionate about joining our progressive police department and serving in a resort mountain community. As a member of the Vail Police Department they will perform the duties of a sworn law enforcement officer, as designated by the command staff under the Chief of Police. This position is responsible for enforcing laws and ordinances set by the State of Colorado and Town of Vail. Work involves prevention, detection and investigation of accident and criminal activities, security and safety of prisoners, protection for the public and maintaining law and order. Officers must be able to act without direct supervision in emergency situations.
El Departamento de Policía de Vail esta aceptando solicitudes para llenar futuras vacantes de Oficiales de Policía mediante contratación lateral. Candidatos solicitantes deben ser Oficiales de Policía con experiencia o egresados de la Academia de Policía con pasión por unirse a nuestro Departamento de Policía progresista para servir a una comunidad en un centro turístico alpino. Como miembro del Departamento de Policía de Vail, llevarán a cabo los deberes de un Oficial de Seguridad Publica juramentado, según sea designando por personal de comando bajo el Jefe de la Policía. Esta posición es responsable de asegurar el cumplimiento de leyes y ordenanzas establecidas por el estado de Colorado y el Pueblo de Vail. Trabajo incluye prevenir, detectar e investigar accidentes y actividades criminales, seguridad y salvaguarda de prisioneros, protección del público y mantener la ley y el orden. Oficiales deben poder actuar sin supervisión directa en situaciones de emergencia.
Are you interested in living and working in Vail, CO? Imagine skiing, camping and an amazing community just outside your backdoor.
When asked, many of our employees say that working for the Town of Vail feels like family. Our employees continually strive for excellence and take pride in serving the community. Mountain views, a professional team and the benefits are just some of the things we all love about working here! We are proud to share that we have been reviewed and certified as a Great Place to Work® for our workplace culture. See our video here! We invite you to learn more about the working with us....
The Town of Vail is now accepting applications for openings as an Emergency Services Dispatchers to join the Communications Department. Our state of the art communication facility is located in Vail, and dispatches emergency service calls 24-hours per day – 365 days a year, for 13 public safety agencies in Eagle County. This role ensures community safety through effective communications duties via phone and radio systems to support county-wide Police, Fire, and EMS agencies. To find out more about the Vail Public Safety Communications Center please visit their website.
Dispatch duties include, but are not limited to:
- Receiving and analyzing 911 calls as well as non-emergent and TTY phone calls for Police, Fire, and EMS service.
- Performing Emergency Medical Dispatch when appropriate.
- Operating and utilizing the Computer Aided Dispatch Computer System (CAD) throughout all calls for service.
- Distributing calls for service via the 800 MHz radio system.
- Receiving and monitoring alarms throughout Eagle County.
- Performing various requests on the CCIC/NCIC system including warrant entries.
- Updating the media broadcast information on road conditions.
- Initiating the Emergency Alert System when needed.
- Training new dispatchers and being responsible for individual projects.
¡Ven y trabaja con nosotros!
Vail es un resort de montaña de primera
Con un margen de populación permanente de 5,000 personas (aumenta hasta los 45,000 en la temporada) esto le da el sentido de un pueblo pequeño con las formalidades de una ciudad grande.
El pueblo de Vail provee protección policiaca y de bomberos, así como vasta transportación, obras públicas y una hermosa librería pública. Para mantener todas estas áreas fundamentales trabajando, el pueblo de Vail maneja el sistema administrativo, finanzas, recursos humanos, desarrollo comunitario, sistema informativo y responsabilidades de la corte. Cada uno de estos departamentos ofrece una gran variedad de trabajos y combinación de horas que pueden ajustarse a cualquier horario. Ya sea que usted esté buscando un trabajo temporal de tiempo completo, temporal de tiempo parcial, o de tiempo completo todo el año, el pueblo tiene algo para usted.
¿Está usted interesado en vivir y trabajar en Vail, CO? Imagínese esquiando o acampando y con una comunidad maravillosa afuera de su puerta trasera.
Cuando se les pregunta, muchos de nuestros empleados dicen que el trabajar para el Pueblo de Vail se siente como estar en familia. Nuestros empleados continuamente se esfuerzan a la excelencia y les da orgullo el servir a la comunidad (y les da orgullo servir a la comunidad). La vista de la montaña, un equipo profesional, y los beneficios, son solo unas de las cosas por las cuales nos encanta trabajar aquí. Estamos orgullosos de compartir que fuimos evaluados y certificados como un lugar estupendo para trabajar (Great Place to Work®). Vea nuestro video aquí, le invitamos a aprender más acerca de trabajar con nosotros.
El pueblo de Vail está aceptando solicitudes de empleo para la posición de Operador de Servicios de Emergencia y unirse al Departamento de Comunicaciones. Nuestras instalaciones innovadas con lo último en comunicación, están localizadas en Vail y despacha llamadas de emergencia las 24 horas al día y los 365 días del año a un total de 13 agencias de seguridad pública en el condado de Eagle. Este oficio asegura una comunicación efectiva con seguridad pública mediante el teléfono y un sistema de radio operaciones que apoya a las agencias de policía, bomberos y paramédicos a lo largo del condado. Para saber más acerca del Centro de Comunicaciones de Seguridad Pública de Vail favor de visitar el sitio web.
Algunas de las obligaciones del operador incluyen, pero no están limitadas a:
- Recibir y analizar llamadas de servicio al 911 al igual que llamadas no emergentes y teletipo para la Policía, Bomberos, y Paramédicos.
- Ejecutar Despacho Médico de Emergencia cuando sea apropiado.
- Operar y utilizar el sistema operativo asistente de despacho a lo largo de todas las llamadas de servicio.
- Distribuir las llamadas de servicio mediante un sistema de radio de 800MHz
- Recibir y monitorizar alarmas en el condado de Eagle
- Ejecutar varios requisitos en el sistema CCIC/NCIC incluyendo ingreso de orden judicial.
- Actualizar medios de comunicación y transmitir las condiciones de la carretera.
- Inicializar el Sistema de Alerta de Emergencia cuando sea necesario.
- Entrenar nuevos operadores de emergencia y ser responsable de proyectos individuales.