Click column header to sort
The Town of Vail is now hiring a Safety & Risk Coordinator. This role administers the town-wide safety and risk management programs, performing technical and complex administrative tasks in the administration of risk management and safety functions. Facilitates the renewal and implementation of insurance coverages for general liability, property/casualty, and other variable insurance needs. Coordinates all claims for property, casualty and liability coverages and processes incident reports involving vehicle, property and equipment damages. Chairs the Safety Committee and serves as a Safety Champion by educating, administering and implementing safety awareness and programs. Provides employment and Human Resources support including administration of records retention for the HR, Retirement System, and Safety/Risk Files.
Safety & Risk Coordinator duties include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as initial point of contact for all incidents and insurance claims: Files property and liability claims as appropriate with the Town’s insurance carrier and acts as liaison for open claims including collection of restitution when possible.
- Administers safety program including chairing the Town’s safety committee, leading committee action plans, researching and recommending related policies, resources and town-wide safety training
- Maintains records and follows up to ensure appropriate documentation for all town claims and incidents including all employee reports, pictures, police reports, cost estimates, accident investigation, training requirements, etc.
- Evaluates incident data and loss data to identify trends and assure that proper risk management techniques are implemented to minimize the exposure to property and liability losses
- Tracks statistics related to incidents and provides reports and analytics on safety program.
- Provides documentation to related parties as appropriate (Insurance carriers, court systems, law enforcement, department contacts, supervisors).
- Ensures loss control standards are implemented and maintained. Prepares, tracks, and coordinates organization-wide compliance activities related to safety and insurance requirements (audits, inspections, drills, policy tracking, license checks, programs such as seat belt checks and mandatory training).
- Coordinates the annual liability and property insurance renewals; coordinating insurance company audits/inspections; updating property schedules; reviewing contracts for appropriate insurance and indemnification requirements; assuring utilization of certificate of insurance tracking services
- Processes financial transactions for all safety and risk activities (invoice creation/collections, court restitution requests, claim payments, deductibles, legal fees, collections follow-thru for claims reimbursement, insurance premiums, etc.)
- Prepares a variety of research, reports, and related information to support organizational decision-making.
- Provide team cross-training support to the Human Resources Department including administering workers compensation claims process when necessary, serving as an employee resource for questions, and coverage for reception when needed.
- Serves as the department resource on compliance with records retention including maintaining records for the town’s retirement plans, electronic employee files, I-9 compliance, and other HR records maintenance.
- Administers the Admin Pool Cars, bookings, Maintenance/repair schedules, trains users and documents eligibility to use vehicles.
The Town of Vail is now hiring...
The Digital Media & Communications Specialist develops strategies that support the desired content, voice, style and intended results for the organization’s online presence including the town’s websites, social media platforms, apps, e-newsletters, online calendars, multi-media outlets, digital advertising, and emerging methods of engaging individuals digitally. This position works closely with the Communications Director and IT Director to support all departments and ensure a timely, consistent and coordinated two-way communications effort that aligns with the Town of Vail brand standards of leadership, professionalism and excellence. The Digital Media & Communications Specialist provides an essential role as a first-responder during crisis communications and incident response working closely with Police and Fire & Emergency Services.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Directs and implements the town’s overall digital communications content strategies as well as critical components in the town’s overall approach to digital engagement through the facilitation of strong writing, storytelling, videography and graphic design for integration with social media and website content and in keeping with industry best practices.
- Oversees digital content, coordinates technology support and implementation in partnership with IT, monitors analytics and sets performance metrics to increase engagement and optimize user experience, identifies new systems and processes for continual improvement.
- Ensures consistent brand positioning and messaging across all social media channels, oversees responses to public inquiries in a professional manner, and utilizes digital platforms to engage and attract positive, proactive relationships with the media, community and other strategic partners.
- Manages paid digital advertisement placement and purchasing.
- Serves as the primary information resource and trainer for other departments to facilitate strategies and tactics to ensure quality brand standards and best practices in outreach, usability, ADA compliance, style guidelines and performance metrics.
- Develops and cultivates relationships with relevant social media partners to help town achieve optimum reach.
- Assists with crisis communications response during emergencies.
- Serves the citizens and guests of the Town of Vail by abiding by all Town of Vail core values.
- Performs job in accordance with all Town of Vail safety practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Town of Vail, Colorado, the premier mountain community and international resort, is seeking guest service oriented applicants, to join our team.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for collecting parking fees from customers with accuracy and a smile.
- Prepare and complete accurate records and reports.
- Assist customers in a courteous manner, and answering general questions with a fun positive attitude.
- Perform various traffic control responsibilities.
- Responds to citizen and guest questions, concerns and complaints in a timely, courteous and helpful manner to exceed expectations.
- Monitors all radio traffic; communicating with appropriate coworkers and management when necessary.
- Audit cars in parking lot and monitors parking facilities for space availability and safety concerns.
- Change signage at parking locations and communicate as needed to guests.
- Uphold the Town of Vail values.
- Drive Town of Vail vehicles.
- All other duties as assigned.
This position is exposed to car emissions, dust, fumes and adverse weather conditions.
Shifts / Schedules
10pm - 8am
Schedule may include day shifts, overnight shifts and holidays.
The Town of Vail is seeking a Maintenance Worker II to join the public works department for the summer. This position is responsible for collecting & maintaining trash receptacles, park cleanliness, upkeep of facilities, and street maintenance operations. While the duties will vary depending, providing guest service through out the Town of Vail is always a priority.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain trash/recycle containers, pet pickup stations and call in trash/recycle dumpsters when full.
- Maintain the cleanness of Vail Village, LH Mall, & Bus Routes and stops.
- Perform all snow maintenance including snow shoveling, snow plowing/sanding/hauling.
- Work callout, overtime, special events, holidays/shift/schedule changes, and 24hr Emergency Response.
- Assist with Special Events including installation /removal of banners.
- Traffic control flagger.
- Special projects such as removal of stickers and graffiti, holiday decorating and more.
- Operate small equipment and various tools.
- Pickup/ Drop off library books.
- Perform vehicle maintenance includes tire chains rebuilding, greasing equipment, cutting edges, and all other types of minor repairs.
- Serve the citizens and guests of the Town of Vail by abiding by all Town of Vail core values.
- Perform job in accordance with all Town of Vail safety practices.
- Follow environmentally-friendly practices.
- Attend training as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Live and work in Vail this winter! The Town of Vail Colorado is seeking enthusiastic & reliable people who are interested in working as a bus driver for the winter 2019-2020 ski season. As a bus driver you will be responsible for safely operating a public transportation bus for picks up, transports, and drop off passengers on a prescribed route, on time and in accordance with local, state and federal standards. Drivers must also practice safe defensive driving techniques, be knowledgeable and provide guests with schedule/route information, assist disabled guest on and off the bus and complete reports of all accidents, damage, or incidents of vandalism. Drivers may be assigned to bus wash as needed. The working week is 40 hours made up of 4 & 5 days with new hires mostly working weekends & nights. The bus service runs from 5:30am to 2:30am daily.
Emplopyee housing is available!
Are you interested in living and working in Vail, CO? Imagine skiing, camping and an amazing community just outside your backdoor.
When asked, many of our employees say that working for the Town of Vail feels like family. Our employees continually strive for excellence and take pride in serving the community. Mountain views, a professional team and the benefits are just some of the things we all love about working here! We are proud to share that we have been reviewed and certified as a Great Place to Work® for our workplace culture. See our video here! We invite you to learn more about the working with us....
The Town of Vail is now accepting applications for openings as an Emergency Services Dispatchers to join the Communications Department. Our state of the art communication facility is located in Vail, and dispatches emergency service calls 24-hours per day – 365 days a year, for 13 public safety agencies in Eagle County. This role ensures community safety through effective communications duties via phone and radio systems to support county-wide Police, Fire, and EMS agencies. To find out more about the Vail Public Safety Communications Center please visit their website.
Dispatch duties include, but are not limited to:
- Receiving and analyzing 911 calls as well as non-emergent and TTY phone calls for Police, Fire, and EMS service.
- Performing Emergency Medical Dispatch when appropriate.
- Operating and utilizing the Computer Aided Dispatch Computer System (CAD) throughout all calls for service.
- Distributing calls for service via the 800 MHz radio system.
- Receiving and monitoring alarms throughout Eagle County.
- Performing various requests on the CCIC/NCIC system including warrant entries.
- Updating the media broadcast information on road conditions.
- Initiating the Emergency Alert System when needed.
- Training new dispatchers and being responsible for individual projects.
*This position is not a Town of Vail position - Employment will be with the Eagle Valley Child Care Association*
The Eagle Valley Child Care Association is currently hiring for Early Childhood Educators and Assistant Early Childhood Teachers.
Hiring Bonus available up to $750 and Housing may be available!
Operating 2 early childhood centers in Eagle County (Edwards, & Vail) the organization aims to provide high quality early learning programs to the children of Eagle County by:
- Providing a developmentally appropriate, discovery based learning environment that meets the needs of every child’s healthy cognitive, language, motor, social and emotional development.
- Providing supportive parenting guidance to every family enrolled in our programs.
- Providing the business community with a way to assure quality care for their employees through our Business Partner program.
Eagle Valley Child Care Association is seeking applicants to join our team of early childhood professionals at the Vail Child Care Center to work with children ages 8 weeks-6 years. Early childhood education and experience preferred. Training is available for the assistant position.
Full or Part Time, benefits available.
Apply Now! Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-476-1615.
The Town of Vail is now accepting applications for future openings as a Code Enforcement Officer. Applicants will be notified when we begin a hiring process to ensure you are still interested. This is the best way to be considered for the next opening on the team!
This is an incredible opportunity to interact with your community and help support the Vail Police department's mission to provide a sense of safety and security to the public. This position promotes effective community commitment through enforcement of Town Ordinances and citizen interaction. This role requires building effective relations with the community we live in and communicating with the general public, problem solving, handling difficult situations and an overall passion to help others.
Code Enforcement Officer duties include, but are not limited to:
- Enforces the Town of Vail Municipal Ordinances. Conducts field inspections of violations and takes appropriate action. Conducts follow-up investigations to include written documentation to ensure compliance with appropriate codes and ordinances. May testify in court and before administrative hearings.
- Responds to requests for information, assistance or complaints from business owners, guests and community members.
- Assists Vail Peace Officers and other Town of Vail departments in their duties.
- Patrols the town in a town vehicle, bicycle, or on foot.
- Provides traffic control, motorist and citizen assists. Including assisting CDOT with I-70 and Vail Pass closures.
- Investigates code violations.
- Investigates minor traffic crashes and issues non-moving traffic citations when appropriate.
- Conducts VIN inspections.
- Monitors loading & delivery areas and issues appropriate permits, answers questions, and provides directions to commercial drivers and event promoters.
- Provides directions and general assistance to guests and residents.
- Compiles statistics and assisting in coverage for Police Records areas
- All other duties as assigned.
Apply Today for future openings!
The Vail Police Department is accepting applications for Lateral Police Officer openings. Qualified applicants must be experienced police officers or police academy graduates passionate about joining our progressive police department and serving in a resort mountain community. As a member of the Vail Police Department they will perform the duties of a sworn law enforcement officer, as designated by the command staff under the Chief of Police. This position is responsible for enforcing laws and ordinances set by the State of Colorado and Town of Vail. Work involves prevention, detection and investigation of accident and criminal activities, security and safety of prisoners, protection for the public and maintaining law and order. Officers must be able to act without direct supervision in emergency situations.
El Departamento de Policía de Vail esta aceptando solicitudes para llenar futuras vacantes de Oficiales de Policía mediante contratación lateral. Candidatos solicitantes deben ser Oficiales de Policía con experiencia o egresados de la Academia de Policía con pasión por unirse a nuestro Departamento de Policía progresista para servir a una comunidad en un centro turístico alpino. Como miembro del Departamento de Policía de Vail, llevarán a cabo los deberes de un Oficial de Seguridad Publica juramentado, según sea designando por personal de comando bajo el Jefe de la Policía. Esta posición es responsable de asegurar el cumplimiento de leyes y ordenanzas establecidas por el estado de Colorado y el Pueblo de Vail. Trabajo incluye prevenir, detectar e investigar accidentes y actividades criminales, seguridad y salvaguarda de prisioneros, protección del público y mantener la ley y el orden. Oficiales deben poder actuar sin supervisión directa en situaciones de emergencia.